The community paediatric medical teams in Haringey see children and young people aged 0-19 covering the following clinical areas:
- Developmental paediatrics including paediatric neurodisability (i.e. cerebral palsy, Down syndrome, chromosomal/genetic conditions and syndromes)
- Neurodevelopment disorders (i.e. autism)
- Educational paediatrics including statutory medical assessments and annual reviews of children with learning difficulties and/or complex and additional needs
- Child protection assessments and follow-up service as part of statutory child protection investigations. Attendance at child protection meetings, conferences and transagency strategic planning meetings
- Children in care which includes carrying out initial health assessments for all children coming into care and follow-up regards to children undergoing adoption and fostering
Review health assessments are carried out by the children in care nurses based at Bounds Green health centre. Six monthly reviews are carried out on children aged six months to five years of age and annual reviews for children 5-18 years.